My mom arrived yesterday and we have packed a week of fun already in two days. Here are the top 10 reasons you know my mom is visiting:
10. The dust bunnies were cleaned out from under my dresser.
9. The Tupperware is now organized and all lids are securely attached and in neat stacks.
8. You can see in the refrigerator and anything that can be seen can be eaten.
7. The floor is mopped.
6. The pile of mail on the microwave has been organized accordingly (i.e. 99% was junk mail and thrown away)
5. Christmas decorations have been artfully arranged like we know what we are doing in the Haesemeyer household.
4. BOTH bathrooms are clean complete with soap and clean towels. The rugs are even washed.
3. Food was purchased that involves more than milk and the Honey Nut Cheerios box.
2. Christmas presents have her name on it. And even others get Christmas presents this year as well.
1. The top layer of dust has been removed from most surfaces.
Thanks, Mom, for spending $300 on a plane ticket to visit so that the first thing you get to do off the plane is go to Walmart and be happy about it. We love you.